Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scott Knapp

I am buying a new laptop so I have a couple of things that I would like to get help on. First is the license, how do I get the license moved so I can used the new system and not be in demo mode? I would like to move the defaults to the new system such as the reports templates, pricing etc. Where do I go to copy them? I would just like to keep as much of the set up as I have in the same manner as it is now.

Ryan Moore
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

• License: find your license number in OptiMiser by going to Help>Register Program. Copy it down or email it to yourself.
    • Defaults and configurations: there are a number of different defaults and configurations you can set in OptiMiser, and they are stored in different places. You need to find them all and email them to yourself, or save them onto a thumb drive. Here are the common ones:
    • Measures and costs: C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiMiser\Databases\Cost.db3
    • Defaults values: C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiMiser\Customization\UI\DefaultValues.xl
    • Report template configurations: C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiMiser\Customization\UI\Custom[Report-OMPDF]UIReport.xl (if you’ve never adjusted the report template, you won’t have one of these.)
    • Report page selections: C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiMiser\Customization\Reports\[OMPDF] MySelections.omr (in this example, “MySelections” could be anything – whatever you named your default page selection. If you’ve never made a custom page selection, you won’t have one of these files.)

Gather up all these files and save them on some removable media or email them to yourself. Then reinstall in the same locations in your new OptiMiser installation. Voila!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 OptiMiser, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account