Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Nunez
    Participant

Adding weatherstripping and door sweeps is part of air sealing and is included in the cost/price for air sealing yet on the client report the Doors and Windows are displayed on page 17 as separate items.  Is there a way that when you are suggesting that door sweeps and weatherstripping be installed that the “Action” field be populated?  Right now it indicates that no improvement have been selected and no savings.  Currently, the only way that these fields would be populated is if we were to recommend that the doors be replaced completely.

Gamaliel Lodge
    Keymaster

Door sweeps and weather stripping belong in the Air Sealing  improvement.  The Doors and Windows improvements are intended to represent upgrades that improve the conductive or solar properties of those components.  Savings due to air sealing can only be calculated with changes to the Infiltration (CFM50) controls and are restricted to the Air Sealing improvement.  The cost for these items should be included in the Air Sealing cost.

Andy Bardwell
    Keymaster

Michael – thanks for the insightful question. There is no way to include the weatherstripping of doors and windows on those pages. One option would be to deselect those pages, and add the weatherstripping  on the Air Sealing page in the editable comment area.

You can also add the weatherstripping on the Bid Form as a Misc. item. This will appear on the detailed cost estimate which will be available as part of the report. This feature has just been released to our Beta release group – so should be available soon.

roden baker
    Participant

We have a glass door bought at http://caldwells.com/interior-doors/glass-doors, we have it modified and use rubber and a layer of nylon brush that served as door sweep and it is almost 1 inch of the sweep thickness.

Nathan Davidson
    Participant

Sorry if I’m such a newbie at this, but I’m just wondering where are you trying to populate this list. Is there a manual somewhere on the website or an information icon somewhere near the list heading so that you can figure out what exactly is required? It seems like you’re trying to write an invoice though, so perhaps you could just come up with the list manually? Please correct me if I’m wrong, thanks!

Gamaliel Lodge
    Keymaster

Hi Nathan! Thanks for contributing to the forum. This was a pretty old thread and I think that the original post has been resolved. It’s not clear to me, if you were trying to help or if you were looking for an answer yourself. Please provide more details, if there is an issue that you need help with.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 OptiMiser, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account