Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gamaliel Lodge
    Keymaster

You’re not doing anything wrong. The problem is that the weather analysis pulls degree days for each bill period. In your case there is only one period with annual usage, so there isn’t monthly degree day data to generate a nice looking apportionment of the heating load. The usage then ends up getting apportioned across the months by number of days. I’m disappointed that this issue wasn’t exposed before release in VT. That chart is obviously a poor choice for the report in cases like yours. We are working on an alternative.

John
    Participant

So where are we with this?

Lots of activity until it was finally obvious that there was a profound problem and now its *crickets*

Please advise.

Gamaliel Lodge
    Keymaster

We are meeting with EVT this morning to discuss alternative chart designs. Once a path forward is chosen, we should be able to get a patch out today or early tomorrow. Apologies for the delay.

John
    Participant

Thanks for the update.

My hope is that a model can be developed that works for the entire state, and not just Chittenden County.

Gamaliel Lodge
    Keymaster

We should have an updated chart available tomorrow.

Matt Sharpe
    Participant

I think a useful consideration is to remember that it doesn’t have to be monthly to be useful. They do need to be tank fill-ups and not partial deliveries. Enter the date and usage from the delivery receipts you (the customer or fuel company) provides even if its just two deliveries as long as that covers an entire year. Many fuel dealers can provide an electronic fuel delivery history but will only do so with customer release. Also, many customers keep these records and most (all?) dealers leave a receipt when making a delivery.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 OptiMiser, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account