Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric Hartman
    Participant

When entering electric utility information into OPTIX, I am only able to enter one account number. What if the building/owner has two account numbers?

Gamaliel Lodge
    Keymaster

I assume that you are asking how to enter bills into OptiMiser. I can’t help you with Optix issues and I don’t think you can enter bills there.

The first thing you should do it click et Utils on the button bar to see if any bills have been queued for download since you got the project. If there are none, then you can manually enter the bills on the Multiple Accounts popup. The button is located below the regular electric bill controls. Once you have entered the bills on that table, OptiMiser will combine them and put the totals into the controls on the main interface.

Eric Hartman
    Participant

Thanks for your help,
    I believe we have the ability to “Get Utils” based on the electric account information we have entered into OPTIX. If only one of two accounts is entered, I would imagine only a portion of the buildings electric usage is downloadable. For the mean time I will enter manually.

Gamaliel Lodge
    Keymaster

The Get Utils function is not based on the accounts that you entered. Get Utils looks for utility information linked to project in the Optix system. The function actually retrieves utility name, rate type, accounts numbers, and bills.

Matt Sharpe
    Participant

If you find that the electric usage data beings transferred from Optix to OptiMiser is either the wrong account or does not include multiple accounts or multiple meters then its a mistake on the Efficiency Vermont end and please let us know.

If you click on Multiple Accounts then you should see a line for each unique utility account that we have associated with the project. If there are multiple meters on the same account you should see the total usage for both meters on a single line for that one account. If there are multiple accounts then you should see multiple lines (one for each account).

Be aware that there is only one $/kwh price. We have run into a few issues with DHW off-peak rates (Rate3) being only $.088 per kwh on the DHW meter and the other meter being at $0.15 (Rate1). The default in this case will be the state average $0.17 loaded price. You will have to choose a single rate (I believe) and what you choose may depend on what your recommendations are. If you are installing heat pump heating units use the higher rate but if your heating system remains fuel based and the only recommendation that saves significant electricity is on a low electric rate (Rate 3 DHW for example) you may want to enter the lower rate.

Anything to add OptiMiser?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 OptiMiser, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account