Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Using Optimiser on my Mac running Parallels. Problem is when I save a file (to C: drive or whatever) when I go back to my Mac, and look to attache that file to an email for instance, my Mac can’t find the file, anywhere. Obviously because it’s hiding in Parallels-World. I’ve resorted to saving file to a flash drive – but is there another way to do this? Is there somewhere I can save it so it’s visible to both systems?

I know most Optimiser folks drive Macs, so I’m thinking you all have a helpful shortcut

Ryan Moore
    Keymaster

I’m presuming you are doing this with the intent to make use of these files on a different computer – if your use is for something different, please let me know the scenario and I’ll try to reply to that.

One method is to simply copy (or move) the files to your Windows Desktop. When you do that, the files should then simultaneously be visible on the Mac Desktop and you can then treat them just like any other file on the Mac (copy, move, drag-and-drop, throw in the trash, etc.).

John
    Participant

Thanks Dave, but… I tried that and my desktops seem to be completely independent. Any of my PC files (ie Opti files) do not show up on my Mac desktop. Do yours?

Ryan Moore
    Keymaster

I suspect that is a configuration settings issue with your installation of Parallels. I’m guessing that you might be running Parallels 10, and I am currently running Parallels 9 (I’ll be updating soon), but it’s likely the configuration settings are similar. I’ve attached a screenshot of what I have set in my copy of Parallels 9 (to get to this, I selected the menu “Virtual Machine->Configure…” in Parallels and then selected the “Sharing” tab from along the left sidebar). You might find your configuration needs some adjustments to open things up between the Windows side and the Mac side.

As a side note, my personal preference is to run my version of Parallels in “Modality Mode” rather than “Coherence Mode” or “Full Screen Mode”. I find this allows me to keep the environments a little more separated and identifiable, but this is just a personal preference – it should not affect the way the Parallels configuration operates.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 OptiMiser, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account