Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Nunez
    Participant

Client has propane delivered to her home monthly, the only usage history she was able to give me was for four months with her current provider (Suburban 1/14-10/13) and one month with previous provider (Legacy Propane 4/13).  What would be the best way for me to get the most accurate utility calibration since I have less than 6 months of history? Would I input the information for the months I do have  and use the Omit option for the months that I don’t or would I leave that information blank and allow OptiMiser to assume usage based on regional information?

Gamaliel Lodge
    Keymaster

Is the propane used for anything besides heat?

Are all of the deliveries top-offs?

Where there any deliveries between 4/13 and 10/13 ?

Michael Nunez
    Participant

Propane is used for heat- furnace, DHW, fireplace, dryer, range, bbq

according to the homeowner, yes the deliveries are top-offs

no deliveries or records of deliveries between April and Oct of 2013

Gamaliel Lodge
    Keymaster

I think these are usable bills for the following reasons:

1. You have one period of known usage that is probably all baseload
    2. You have other periods of known usage covering a significant portion of a heating season

However, I doesn’t sound like you have a good understanding of how to enter these bills.  These dates should be entered in consecutive bill controls in the interface.  The controls do not have to represent one month each.  You would put the first date (4/13) in the Start Date Bill 1 control.  Then put the second date and usage (10/13) in the End Bill 1 control.  Thus the first bill will be a long period representing the summer base load usage.  Then enter the remaining dates and usages in the next three controls.

You can’t use the usage of the first bill, because you don’t know exactly what period it represents.  Unless, the owner knows the delivery date of the preceding delivery within a couple days accuracy.  In that case you can put that date in the Start Date Bill 1 control and use the usage from that first receipt.

The Omit boxes are used to make bills that have usages that you suspect to be atypical. If you used the Scrape tool to put in a full 12 months of bills, but you knew that they had a 2 week vacation in August, then you would Omit the August bill.  There is no need to check Omit on any row that already has zero usage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 OptiMiser, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account