Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Les Lazareck
    Participant

Is there a way to add detailed descriptions for the recommended improvements that the homeowner can use to get bids from multiple contractors? I found on the Proposal document a way to add detail but did not see how to remove costs.

Ryan Moore
    Keymaster

You can edit the measure descriptions on the Improvements/Custom table or add your own. That table can be printed with the columns you want (for instance, without cost columns) either by itself (using File/Print or Ctrl+P) or in the Narrative or Graphic (.docx) reports.

Les Lazareck
    Participant

I tried your suggestion, however I found the field was not large enough for the detail I needed.

For instance, under air sealing, I want to include the following text:

Reduce air leakage of the building shell inside and outside. Below are minimum requirements, but not limited to:
    Air sealing can be done with gun foam, caulk and stucco patch.
    • Begin air sealing largest holes and attic bypasses. Seal largest holes first. e.g. gaps around supplies and returns to first floor. Cover large bypasses or soffits with a rigid air barrier (e.g. plywood, OSB, Thermo Ply) foam sealed in place.
    • Seal all connections to the attic (highest) from the attic where possible. e.g. recessed cans, supply and return boots, smoke detectors, light fixtures, electrical and plumbing in drywall and top plates, seams in top plates.
    • Recessed cans: If non-IC rated, replace with ICAT cans and manufacturer’s listed airtight trims and gasket (if specified). Air seal between drywall and can. If IC/ICAT cans installed, ensure approved air tight trim is installed.
    • Seal voids where plumbing pipes penetrate walls. e.g. shower heads, toilets, under sinks, recessed clothes washer and ice box.
    • Seal holes in interior finishes, around door frames/jambs, at strike plates, stairs, thermostat(s), medicine cabinets, etc.
    • Seal sill plates.
    • Seal exterior penetrations. e.g. cable wire, around doors, doorbell, electrical outlets/switches & light fixtures (Leave weep hole at bottom of fixture).
    • Weatherstrip exterior doors.

Ryan Moore
    Keymaster

How about using the Proposal form? It’s very simple and flexible.

You can paste these descriptions in as custom items or over-write existing items. You can do that either directly on the Proposal form or on the Custom table. [The Proposal and Bid forms pull in item and cost information from the tables, so everything syncs up.]

You can not print the cost columns, or just delete the cost cells so the column headers still show up but without any values in the column.

If you paste the descriptions in the Custom table, you can save the whole table (right-click, save as default). You can also edit the proposal form directly in Excel! It lives in OptiMiser/Modules/Standard.bid. That’s a more advanced approach, but it offers complete control over the look and feel of the form.

Here’s a short video to get you started: https://vimeo.com/59679403.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 OptiMiser, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account