Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Les Lazareck
    Participant

I have customized a Narrative report type with customized selections. How can I share these with others in my company?

Ryan Moore
    Keymaster

When you save a custom selection by checking/unchecking boxes on the report tree in the Report Generator and hitting “Save As,” a small .omr file is created in the Customization/Reports directory of your OptiMiser installation (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiMiser\Customization\Reports\[OM]MySelections.omr).

Just email that file to your comrades and have them paste in into their Reports directory. Your custom selection will show up in the Selections dropdown when the Narrative Report is in use.

FYI, if you made a custom report (using the Edit Library you created a new report type), you can share that, too. The information to recreate any custom reports is stored in Excel workbooks in the Modules folder. The file will be titled “Report-[reportName]~[factoryReportName].xls”. For example Report-CustNarrative~OM.xls.

Also, if you edited the “template content” (basically, everything besides photos) of a factory report, your edits will be saved in a sort of overlay file with the extension “.xl” (not “.xls”) in the Customization/UI directory. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiMiser\Customization\UI\Custom[Report-OM]UIReport.xl. That allows you to edit and share edits of our factory reports without having to worry about your changes getting overwritten when we send out an update.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 OptiMiser, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account