Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LV Auditor
    Participant

My Optimiser crashed and I had to reload it.  I backed up the Optimiser directory to save all the files, then loaded a clean copy.  My user-created improvements of course are not in the new install.  Is there a file where my user-created improvements are stored, that I can copy from the backup directory into the new directory?

Ryan Moore
    Keymaster

Great question!

First, it’s very rare that OptiMiser would crash and need to be entirely re-installed. Have you been working with support or know what happened? If not, please contact support. We want to make sure it doesn’t happen again, or to other users.

Custom improvement items are stored in a database file called Cost.db3 in the C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiMiser\Databases directory. To transfer them safely into the new installation, do this:

1. In the NEW installation, rename Cost.db3 => CostUpdated.db3.
    2. Copy Cost.db3 from the OLD installation into the Databases folder of the NEW installation.
    3. Launch OptiMiser.
    4. If the automatic check for updates tells you there are new updates to install, download and install them. If you’re up-to-date, run “Check for Updates…” from the Tools menu once OptiMiser is loaded.

If you’re already up to date, no files will be downloaded, but the update system needs to be run in order to copy the items from the old database into the new database.

If all goes well, CostUpdated.db3 will disappear and your custom items will be transferred into the new installation.

Other defaults and the names, descriptions, and added items you create on the Custom table are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\OptiMiser\Customization\UI\DefaultValues.xl. You can copy this file from the OLD installation directly into the NEW installation, allowing it to replace the existing version. The next time you start OptiMiser, your defaults and custom items will be loaded.

UPDATE: I posted a guide to copying all the defaults, measure costs, and report edits from one installation to another here: https://optimiserenergy.com/forums/topic/how-to-copy-all-your-defaults-and-customizations-to-a-new-installation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 OptiMiser, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account